The New Zealand Oral Health Practitioner of the Year Awards 2022
In recognition of oral health practitioners who exemplify commitment to oral health care, NZOHA is continuing the tradition of NZDHA and NZDOHTA with the Oral Health Practitioner Awards. We wish to acknowledge our members who are going above and beyond to raise the bar for our respective professions. We know that our members are humble and feel no need for any accolades, but these awards also ensure that valuable members of our professions are recognised by the wider oral health community and health sector.
Do you know someone who is a trailblazer in your field? Or is it you? Are you an outstanding oral health practitioner? Are you a shining light guiding future professionals? Do you go above and beyond what is required of ‘just your job’?
What types of activities can practitioners be nominated for?
- Clinical care e.g. special needs patients, aged care, unique services etc.
- Health promotion projects, representation.
- Excellence in provision of education.
- Networking and contribution to policy development to improve oral health care.
- Research activities – presentations at conferences.
- Volunteer projects provide care, education, or facilitating access to care.
- Actively advocating for inclusion and utilisation of oral health practitioners in practices and policies.
It is expected that the nominees demonstrate what we aspire to be as oral health professionals. If you know someone, or if you are someone who this applies to, then nominate now for the Oral Health Practitioner of the Year Award.
Prizes include Category Awards for:
- Dental Therapist of the Year
- Oral Health Therapist of the Year
- Dental Hygienist of the Year
- Dame Annette King Supreme Award
This year NZOHA has introduced a special category, the People’s choice award, the winner for this award will be chosen by NZOHA members, an email will be sent to all members with a link to vote.
The overall winners will be announced in Auckland on the 30th of July, 2022, venue details will be given at a later date.
Nominations can be made by completing the below form and emailing it to email@example.com
Nominations open NOW and close on 9th July 2022. Nominees will be shortlisted to ensure they meet the criteria.