The Australian and New Zealand Journal of Dental and Oral Health Therapy – ANZJDOHT
The ANZJDOHT is the official journal of Australian Dental and Oral Health Therapist Association (ADOHTA) and the New Zealand Oral Health Association (NZOHA) and is the product of a merge of the ADOHTA and NZDTA journals 2012, both of which had been individually published for over 20 years prior to the merger.
First published in 2012, the ANZ Journal of DOHT publishes research, current ideas, opinions and developments relating to the practice of dental and oral health therapy in Australia and internationally.
The journal is produced by an Editorial Board comprising members of faculty of each of the Bachelor of Oral Health programs in Australia and New Zealand and practicing members of the professions with the assistance of a prestigious and diverse panel of academic and practitioner expert reviewers.
The content is peer reviewed to ensure that the quality of published material meets the standards required by the dental and oral health therapy professions. Authors are encouraged to submit original articles that reflecting the journal objectives:
- To provide a vehicle for communication between dental and oral health therapists in Australia and New Zealand
- To develop dental and oral health therapists’ access to self-directed professional development
- To provide a vehicle for the reporting of new learning and research in the field of dental and oral health therapy
- To develop a published body of knowledge around the discipline of dental and oral health therapy, for dental and oral health therapists and the wider health care field
The journal welcomes submissions of original manuscripts describing research, current practice, debate, research, issues and problems and translation of evidence into practice for dental and oral health therapy. This includes evaluations and knowledge translation, clinical case studies, book reviews, letters to the editor, essays of academic standard, literature and evidence reviews and original research articles relevant to clinical and health promoting dental and oral health therapy practice. We have a philosophy of encouraging new authors and developing the discipline.
Please send submissions or correspondence to:
Professor Julie Satur
The Melbourne Dental School
720 Swanston Street Melbourne 3010
Deanna Beckett - Associate Editor
Lecturer Oral Sciences
School of Dentistry, University of Otago
PO Box 56 Dunedin 9054
- Two issues of the journal are produced each year. Each financial member of the NZOHA and ADOHTA receives a copy of each ANZ Journal of DOHT as well as online access to all issues.
- The ANZ Journal of Dental and Oral Health Therapy is available to Libraries through subscription. Please contact Kirstin McEvoy for subscription information by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organisations and Companies wishing to advertise in the ANZ Journal of Dental and Oral Health Therapy are advised to consult the ANZJDOHT Advertising Specifications and Fees and contact the ANZJDOHT administrative officer by emailing email@example.com.
- The journal also includes a Noticeboard section promoting events and conferences of relevance to the dental and oral health therapy professions.
- Journals are available free to NZOHA and ADOHTA members or by subscription, join NZOHA to receive this benefit.