The New Zealand Oral Health Association, Te Ohu Pūniho Ora O Aotearoa (NZOHA) was legally incorporated as an Incorporated Society on the 17th of November 2021.
The NZOHA was established to serve dental hygiene, dental therapy and oral health therapy professions by preserving and promoting their interests and enhancing their professional profile.
Benefits of NZOHA
- To reduce duplication of effort currently occurring with NZDHA and NZDOHTA
- To reduce duplication of administration costs
- To reduce duplication of cost and time commitments for members
- To overcome the dilution of impact that exists when operating as two distinct and discrete associations
- To remove confusion regarding which organisation an emerging professional with a Bachelors degree in Oral Health should join.
- To create a stronger voice as a united professional body for lobbying and having ‘a voice at the table’.
- To better align the professional body with the emerging practitioners coming from tertiary institutions.
- To create stronger branches and stronger regions.
- To better align with the Ministry of Health strategy for integrated service delivery.